Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Re-entry shock: Episode 3-family

Family is wonderful when you don't have to live with them day in and day out.

It was yet another excessive Christmas. I asked for no gifts, and yet there were more for me than everyone else except the baby. What part of "no Christmas presents" is not understood? It was a lot of lovely stuff that I probably won't be able to take with me since I am limited by baggage weight. And by golly, I just don't want to haul it all back!

Dinner was the new Amnerican style: boxed and instant mixes. Yep, that's right, the turkey came in a box with its own cranberry basting sauce and a "festive mix" which was rice with seasonings. Add to that a tub of microwavable mashed sweet potatoes, instant Stouffer's stuffing and frozen vegetables in a cheese sauce. Is this the new homecooked meal? Calgon, take me away! The dessert was a frozen (though we thawed ours) Creme Brulee cheesecake with the option of adding French vanilla cool whip on top.

I think all the meals at my sister's will come out of a box, bag or can. I guess I won't be cooking after all.

1 comment:

  1. Up with goofy American Family! Yeah America!

    ReplyDelete