Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Journal: Tuesday 19 August 2009

The girls who I bought the palm ornaments from out at Prey Dak.

I have not been very good at keeping up with this journal thing. I've never been very good at it, except when I am traveling, and since I am not really traveling, it gets neglected.

I think my days and nights have more or less been the same. I teach, I prep, I have breakfast, I check the internet, I eat lunch, more internet, then head back to school for another class. Occasionally I don't have breakfast. Sometimes I don't check the internet. And depending on if there is a Couch Surfer in town, I may not even have dinner.
Taking the Couch Surfers on a cart ride through the rice fields.

Last week was a little busy. I can't really remember why. There were some Couch Surfers in town that we entertained in the evenings, and sometimes during the day. I didn't go online much, though.
Matt, a Couch Surfer from France, sharing a bottle of Belgian beer with us at the Baray.

Oh, now I know what happened last week. I had no water in my house for nearly a week. It would be there at night and in the early morning, but during the day, nothing. Apparently someone was working on the water line. It wasn't that bad until the end of the week when the water didn't come back on for 2 nights in a row. I had to go stay at a guest house since I absolutely must have a shower before going to bed to wash off all the sweat and dirt from the day.

On Saturday, we spent the morning hanging our ornaments and photos in the shop at the Angkor Night Market. We're still waiting for more ornaments to be made by some of the villagers.

Here's what the shop looks like so far.

If anybody has any special requests for some items, please let me know as I will be heading back to the states on September 15.

School ends on my birthday, which is September 12. Hint, hint. ;) ;) I think I should throw a party for both going away and my birthday. I just need to decide where.

I'm finishing week 7 of the term, which means there are only 3 more weeks to go. I'll be back in the U.S. on September 15. It will be strange.

1 comment: