Thursday, August 07, 2008

A 10th Anniversary

I started this day unaware that today is the 10th anniversary of my dad's death. I was informed of this by my mom in an email this afternoon. It's not that I don't think of my dad or that I don't miss him, because I do nearly every day. I just don't want it to keep me lagging behind because I'm focussing on the past.

He was an amazingly capable man despite his social inaptitude. Sometimes I think I've inherited his limited social skills and abrasive manners. He was highly intelligent and capable of doing so many different things from plumbing, electronics, construction, car mechanic, and more. I'm thankful I've picked on some of those good traits, such as being capable of doing a lot of handywork and figuring out mechanical type things.

This entry is dedicated to those family members who passed before and after him:

  • James Dennis Biddison - father - b.1946, d.August 7, 1998
  • Eleanore Mack - great aunt - d.1980's?
  • Kirk Buccholtz - cousin - d.May 1990
  • Paul Eugene Groszmann - grandfather - d.December 1990
  • Helen Adelaide Groszmann - grandmother - d.November 1999
  • Elizabeth "Betty" Kingdom - great aunt - d.2005
  • Robert "Bob" Biddison - grandfather - d. July 2005
  • Constance "Connie" Buccholtz - aunt - d. January 2007
  • Woleta "Lee" Biddison - grandmother - d. May 2007
  • Lori Kingdom - aunt (really a cousin) - d. December 2007
  • Judy Groszmann - aunt - d. June 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment