Thursday, August 30, 2007

A little paint goes a long way

Since I've been watching so much of HGTV lately, I was inspired to throw some color onto my bedroom wall. I didn't want to go crazy since my mother would have to approve. After all I am temporarily staying with her, and my bedroom is really hers, except it's full of all my stuff!

The color is turned leaf. I chose it to accent a color from the birdhouse border my mother put up over my beautiful hand stenciled daisies border. The room had white walls which with all the sun made the room really cheery. Now, the warmth from the paint color makes it so much more mellow.

It looked so goood I decided to go for two more walls. So far, 2 down and 1 to go. It really hasn't been that bad, except for moving all the furniture to the middle of the room. But it's helped me to purge my room of unecessary things.

1 comment:

  1. hi!
    I'm manuela from the blog swap.
    I'm not a big fan of white walls... I like rooms with warm colours... did your mother like the result of your painting?
    :)
    enjoy the rest of the weekend!
    manela
    aka macati

    ReplyDelete